![]() |
| source: hereisours |
The humid & wet weather we have been having lately can make styling your hair a frustrating experience. What is the point of working up a sweat in the morning blow drying then curling or straightening your hair when the moment you step outside the humidity, wind or rain hits it and all your hard work is undone.
Wet or humid weather calls for an up-do & buns are the perfect quick fix for a work day.
Up until recently the only bun I could create was a scrunched up mess held together with an elastic. I knew there must be a better way so I did some research on YouTube where I discovered the sock bun. The bun gets its name from the fact you build the bun around a donut shaped instrument which you can create using an old sock (learn how here or here).
Unfortunately I often lack patience for DIY projects and didn't really fancy putting an old gym sock in my hair. However a problem shared is a problem halved, or solved in this instance, and a friend bought me a hair donut off Ebay.
| large & small hair donuts (blonde) |
The hair donut is a simple tool with which you can create an elegant bun in a few minutes, simply:
- Tie your hair in a pony
- Pull your pony through the centre of the donut
- Fan you hair over the donut
- For a tight tidy bun put another elastic over the bun or for a less structured look tease & use bobby pins to hold the hair in place
- Tuck the ends of the hair in & fasten with invisible pins
Best of all the hair donut is insanely cheap to buy off ebay (US$1.39 with free shipping to NZ - can you afford not to have one!?). It comes in a range of sizes & colours to match your desired bun size & hair colour. I bought the blonde one in both the large & small-01size. (NB: you will need long, thick hair to create a large bun).

Amazing. I'm one of those lazy girls who scrapes her hair back into a bun every morning - NO MATTER WHAT THE WEATHER. I think I should 'invest' in one of these! Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! New hairdo tomorrow! :)
ReplyDelete